Together We: Encourage Learners, Inspire Growth, Embrace Community
We, the Antietam Community, are committed to guiding our learners as they pursue their passions through:
- Innovative educational programming
- Robust learning environments that value responsible decision making, persistence, and resilience
- Opportunities to develop social awareness, healthy relationships, and effective communication skills
- A collaborative and diverse community building Mountaineer pride
We believe all students
- Can learn and have potential for growth.
- Deserve an educational program that prepares them for post-secondary life.
- Live in an ever-changing world and must be afforded the opportunity to develop skills to adapt and thrive.
We believe it is the responsibility of the Antietam School District to
- Provide a safe, nurturing and student-centered learning environment.
- Foster an attitude of continuous improvement for students and staff.
- Create a collaborative culture that values diversity, honor differences and promote mutual respect.
We believe parents and guardians are vital to students’ success in school and play an important role in encouraging students to value their education.
We believe the community, including its businesses and organizations, provides opportunities to broaden students’ educational experiences.
"Mounts Climb Together"
The Antietam School District is located in Berks County, southeast and adjacent to the City of Reading. The district encompasses approximately 5.3 square miles and is comprised of two municipalities: Mt. Penn Borough and Lower Alsace Township. As a predominantly residential community with little commercial and industrial businesses, the district currently serves approximately 1100 students in a community of 7500 residents.