• Working Papers:

    The Pennsylvania Child Labor Law, Act 151 of 2012 resulted in changes to Work Permit Application. All students between the ages of 14 and 17 are required by Pennsylvania School Law to secure an Employment certificate, known as "Working Papers," before they may begin to work. Students, who have reached 18, by state law, do not need working papers. Under the current Pennsylvania Child Labor Act, only one type of work permit is issued. This is a wallet-size, transferable work permit, which is valid from the time of issuance until the minor turns 18 years of age. The minor provides a copy to the employer and retains the original.

     Steps to Follow:

    1. Application for a work permit for a minor may be made at the High School Main Office during the hours of 7:00 to 7:30 am or 3:00 to 3:30 pm. A parent or guardian must come to the office accompanied by the minor and bring one of the following documents as evidence of age: Birth Certificate, Passport, Driver's License, or Learners Permit.                                                                                                                                                                               

    2. Students MUST sign the working permit in front of the issuing officer.


    Use the following link to download and complete the Application for Work Permit(PDF).